Cancer Travel Insurance

Treatments are going on... You and your child are getting tired of rushing between home and the hospitals. Your life is around the treatment schedules.

It is a common feeling that many parents want to go away from home and the hospitals for short holidays - just to change the scene, get re-charged, see something different, get distracted and relax.

It is also a common feeling that many parents who want to go away are afraid of going away. And, this is perfectly normal. They are typically thinking:

  • If something happens, what are we to do, where are we to go?
  • What about the holiday we paid for?
  • Can we pay for medical bills elsewhere?

Because of all these worries they are afraid of travelling.

As matter of fact, travelling is easy if you are prepared for it. Below are the very first things you need to do if you are thinking of going away:

  • Choose your destination
  • Find out about the nearest hospital in the chosen destination and the contact details
  • Inform your doctor about your travelling plans and seek advice and fitness approval
  • Obtain a medical condition letter from your doctor - this may enable you to jump the queues in the airports
  • Choose adequate travel insurance - this is a MUST.
  • Pack and go
  • Let us know about your travel experience

To have a peace of mind, choose an adequate travel insurance

For UK and EU residents: contact Insurance Choice for a quote - 08445 730 142
They offer many different travel packages for travelling with children with cancer.

Insurance Choice

The European Health Insurance Card

If you are travelling to a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you should carry a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EEA includes all EU countries plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.

If you are a UK resident you can apply for your card online on the NHS business services authority website.

Information for other countries are coming soon.